Wednesday, September 2, 2009

OUCH!


I took the girls to the park the other night and brought Jocelyn some applesauce - well she wasn't the only one that liked it- the bees were swarming us. There were 3 that would NOT leave us alone. We packed up the food and moved away but apparently not fast enough - Jocelyn got stung (twice I think) on her chin :( I was trying my best to shoo the bees away and get her out of there...poor girl! Even after they stung her, I continued to make a fool out of myself by running around carrying Jocelyn and looking frantically around me for more bees (that STILL were flying around us!) while other park parents, who of course can't see any bees, watch me wondering what drug I'm on. After a good 20 minute on and off battle with these bees I ended up chucking the half eaten baby food container across the playground in an effort to appease the bees and get them away from us...but I only succeeded in being openly laughed at at that point by the amused onlookers. I picked the loudest laugher and explained what I was doing and she just laughed and simply said, "Honey - why you throwin' dat baby food?! You just gotta shoo 'em away!" - duh, why didn't I think of that.

I took 2 stingers out of her chin that night...you would have thought she would cry for more than 45 seconds...she sure is a tough one.
What a face.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments on "OUCH!"

 

The Johnston Family Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez